keepitclean presents Drive Scotland 29th/30th August
Event Terms & Conditions
keepitclean presents: Drive Scotland, hereafter known as the 'Event' will take place on 29th and 30th of August 2020. By purchasing your ticket for the Event you agree to the following:
I understand and agree that it is my responsibility to be fully aware of, and compliant with, all relevant Covid-19 information, guidelines and rules.
I declare that:
1. My accepted entry into the Event will not be transferred to another entrant.
2. My entry fee is non-refundable if I cancel my participation after 23rd of August 2020.
3. I understand and acknowledge that the Event organisers provide no warranties, regarding my wellbeing and safety.
4. I understand and agree that situations may arise during the Event, which may be beyond the immediate control of the Event organisers.
5. I will participate in the Event, in a manner that does not endanger either me or others.
6. I agree that to the extent permissible by law, the Event organisers, the sponsors and other parties associated with the Event, have no liability to me whatsoever for any direct or indirect loss, (including, but not limited to injury or death) sustained by me during or in any way related to my participation in the Event.
7. I authorise the use of my name, voice, picture and information on this entry form in any broadcast, telecast, promotion, advertising, and in any other way, without payment to me or any other form of compensation.
8. I agree to comply with the Event Rules and Prerequisites.
9. I agree to follow all reasonable safety instructions provided to me by the Event organisers during the Event.
During the Event:
1. Driving should be compliant with The Road Traffic Act at all times.
2. There is no racing permitted between any of the participants or other road users.
3. Drive in a manner that does not risk the safety of you, any participant in the event or the general public
4. Respect other road users at all time.
5. Drive well within your limits. There is no expectation to keep up with other participants. Full route details are provided to all participants. Stop points are part of the route to allow participants to catch-up should they fall behind for any reason.
6. Drive to the road conditions, if it is raining increase your braking distance from the car in front to give yourself time to react should the unexpected happen or the car in front encounters a problem.
7. We would ask all drivers to comply with our Overtaking Guidelines below:
7.1 It must be safe to overtake.
7.2 No blind overtaking. For clarity, a blind overtake is passing the vehicle or vehicles in front of you when you are unable to see if oncoming traffic is approaching on the opposite side of the road. Blind overtakes not only compromises your safety but also everyone else on the road.
7.3 Indicate your intentions clearly, wait until the car that you wish to overtake acknowledges, by giving a left hand signal, before the manoeuvre (it could be that the driver in front can see that it is not safe to pass).
8. Keep a safe distance behind the driver in front of you to enable sufficient time to react.
9. Anyone not adhering to the rules will be immediately ejected from the Event without compensation.
It is the entrants responsibility to ensure the following:
1. Your vehicle must have a valid MOT where applicable
2. Your vehicle must have valid fully comprehensive insurance
3. You must have appropriate breakdown cover in place or arrange recovery for yourself should this be required.
4. Ensure your vehicle is in good mechanical working order
5. Check YOU are in good working order – if you’ve been drinking the night before be 100% sure you are not over the limit on the day, given the drink drive limits in force in Scotland. We recommend you don’t drink at all if you are driving.
6. Check all vehicle fluids are at their optimal level.
7. Bring spare engine oil and screen wash with you.
8. If your vehicle requires Super Unleaded fuel we recommend you bring an octane booster with you as not all petrol stations on the route provide Super Unleaded.
9. Please turn up with a full tank of fuel. If you are coming from a distance you can fill up at the start point.
10. Please maintain social distancing when outside vehicles.
11. Please bring your own face masks and hand sanitiser.